Sweets cravings, we all get them. We don’t know when or where it’ll strike but when that time comes, we need a resource we can turn to. Introducing easy Superfruit Cocoa Bites. These tasty bites are sure to satisfy any sweets craving, anytime of the day—Cocoa bites to the rescue!
1 Cup Pitted Dates (Soaked)
1 Cup Raw Almonds
½ Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (Divided)
¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Melted)
1 Tbsp Agave Sweetener (or honey non-vegan option)
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- Place the pitted dates in a large bowl and fill with warm/hot water. Let soak for about 30-45 minutes (soaking the dates returns lost moisture to the fruit and makes them easier to work with).
- In a food processor, combine the raw almonds, cocoa powder, and ¼ cup of the coconut flakes. Pulse the ingredients into a fine powder.
- Next add the coconut oil, Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Superfruit Fruit Spread and the agave sweetener (or honey). Pulse again - the powder mixture will now begin to thicken.
- Next, add ½ cup of the soaked, pitted dates and pulse until a dough like consistency is beginning to form. Add the remaining ½ cup soaked pitted dates and the chia seeds. Continue to pulse until a smooth dough texture forms.
- Roll the mixture into bite-size balls with your hands and then roll each ball through a small bowl of the remaining ¼ cup of coconut flakes to coat them. Enjoy!