Take you taste buds on a wild journey with this combination of classics: PB&J, French Toast, and the adult twist…Whiskey. Our Delicious PB&J Whiskey French Toast is sure to spruce up your morning routine and guaranteed to add a little pep in your step! Crack eggs, scramble, dunk bread, pan fry, repeat & eat—It’s almost therapeutic. For an equally tasty, kid-friendly version of this recipe just omit the whiskey and check our adjusted recipe. This is definitely a breakfast you’ll want to get out of bed for!
Crofter’s Organic Fruit Spread of your choice
Organic Peanut Butter
¼ Cup Whiskey
2 Cups Milk (2 ¼ cups if omitting whiskey)
4 Egg Yolks
2 Whole Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Cinnamon
8-12 Slices of Bread
Powdered Sugar (Garnish)
Maple Syrup (Garnish)
- In a bowl whisk together whiskey, milk, egg yolks, whole eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Prepare the bread slices as you would for a standard PB&J by spreading the Crofter’s Organic Fruit Spread (we used Premium Four Fruit) and peanut butter on the bread, assembling as sandwiches.
- Pour the batter into a shallow baking dish and place the assembled PB&J sandwiches into the batter. Allow the sandwiches to soak until well absorbed on both sides. If cooking for a larger group prepare your oven as a warmer by preheating oven to 200°F (or follow alternative baking instructions).
- Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter to coat skillet. Cook the french toast in batches, about 5 minutes per side (until golden brown). Once cooked transfer to oven warmer or serve immediately dusted with powdered sugar and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Alternative Baking Instructions:
- Prepare sandwiches by following steps 1-3 above.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Brush a baking sheet with butter.
- Place soaked sandwiches on baking sheet and brush tops with butter.
- Bake in center of oven for approximately 6 minutes. Take out of oven and flip sandwiches. Return to oven and bake for another 6 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Serve dusted with powdered sugar and maple syrup. Enjoy!