Did you know frozen yogurt has a third of the fat compared to ice-cream?! Making it a great alternative for when you’re craving a cool summer treat. Many store-bought frozen yogurts are missing that homemade feel. So, we came up with this easy recipe that will add sweet flavor and a delicious churchy texture while still keeping it a healthier option. This Easy Wild Blueberry Dark Chocolate Almond Frozen Yogurt will quickly become one of your favorite summertime treats, enjoy!
1 (1.5 Quart) Tub of Low-Fat Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
1 Lemon (Zested)
1 Cup Slivered Unsalted Almonds (Divided)
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (Divided)
- Before starting, let your frozen yogurt thaw on the counter until it becomes easier to mix. Once frozen yogurt is ready, empty the tub into a large bowl.
- Next, combine with Crofter’s Organic Premium Wild Blueberry Fruit Spread and the lemon zest. Mix together well with a large spoon until most of the clumps are worked out and the frozen yogurt becomes smooth.
- Sprinkle in ½ cup of slivered almonds and ½ cup of dark chocolate chips. Mix throughout.
- Transfer the frozen yogurt from the bowl into a serving dish (we used a metal baking tray). Place frozen yogurt in the freezer for about 30 minutes (until it becomes firm again).
- Sprinkle the remaining slivered almonds and dark chocolate chips on top of the frozen yogurt and place back in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!