Any FroYo fans out there?! Served in a cone or a dish, this will quickly become one of your favorite summer-time treats. We’ll be real with you though, there is no bad time to make and enjoy our easy Wild Blueberry Dark Chocolate Almond Frozen Yogurt. Prepare it for birthday parties, events or to have as a late-night snack with some granola. Mmm. The hardest part about this recipe has nothing to do with the actual making of the frozen yogurt; it’s the whole waiting for it to come together in the freezer. Just remember, patience is a virtue and this blueberry froyo will be entirely worth the wait. This easy Wild Blueberry Frozen Yogurt recipe requires only five ingredients! Who knew homemade FroYo could be so easy and fun to prepare? Just watch out for the brain-freezes.
1 (89L/1.5 Quart)Low-Fat Frozen Yogurt (Vanilla or Plain)
1 Lemon (Zested)
1 Cup Slivered, Unsalted Almonds (Divided)
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (Divided)
- Before starting, let your frozen yogurt thaw a little on the counter so it is easier to mix.
- Once the frozen yogurt is soft but still frozen, empty the tub into a large bowl and combine with Crofter's Wild Blueberry Premium Spread and lemon zest.
- Mix together well with a large spoon until most of the clumps are worked out and the frozen yogurt becomes smooth.
- Sprinkle in ½ cup of the slivered, unsalted almonds and ½ cup of the dark chocolate chips and mix.
- Transfer the frozen yogurt mixture from the bowl in to a serving dish. (We used a metal baking tray.)
- Place frozen yogurt tray in the freezer for about 30 mins to chill and become firm.
- Sprinkle the remaining slivered almonds and dark chocolate chips onto the top of the frozen yogurt and place back in the freezer until ready to serve.