Flakey, buttery scones baked to golden brown perfection with a hint of cinnamon and bursting with juicy strawberry flavor is what you get with this delicious recipe. These Strawberry Cinnamon Scones are perfect for breakfast, brunch, dessert or even make for a tasty snack during the day. Enjoy with coffee or tea, these tasty scones won’t disappoint!
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Tsp Baking Power
¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
½ Cup Butter (Cold & Cubed)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg (Beaten)
½ Cup Cream
1 Tsp Raw Cane Sugar
1 Egg (Beaten)
1 Tbsp Cream
- Lets start by preheating the oven to 375°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil. Give the tray a light spray of non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix well with a whisk. Next using two knifes or forks, cut the cold butter into the mixture until a rough/loose crumb begins to form. Careful not to overmix at this point.
- In a separate smaller mixing bowl, whisk the egg and the cream together and then add in the vanilla extract. Keep mixing until well combined. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and begin to bring it together using a spatula. Careful again not to overmix at this step.
- Once the dough is starting to come together, prepare a lightly floured work surface and place the dough out onto the work surface. Knead the dough a couple times to bring it together. Next, cut the dough in half and then gently roll out each half into a circle roughly 6-8 inches in diameter.
- On one circle, evenly spread the Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Strawberry Fruit Spread onto the dough (leaving a small border around the outside). In a separate small bowl, create the egg wash mixture by combining 1 Tbsp cream & 1 beaten egg. Next, brush some of the egg wash on the border. With the other circle of dough now, place it on top of the other circle and use a fork to seal the edges all the way around. The egg wash will help to seal the seams.
- Next, using a sharp knife, cut the circle in half and then cut each half into 4 pie shaped slices. Carefully transfer these slices over to the prepared baking tray. Lightly brush the top of the scones with more egg wash and then sprinkle some cane sugar on top.
- Bake in the oven at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until the scones are a delicious golden color. A good way to test if these are done is to insert a toothpick into the center – If nothing comes out with it when you pull it back out, they’re done! Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!