Full of chocolatey goodness, jampacked with nutritious antioxidants, and gluten free—these Delicious Pomegranate Power GF Chocolate Chunk Brownies are the ultimate treat! The magic behind this brownie is our Superfruit Pomegranate Power Spread. It’s a blend of Organic Morello Cherries, Organic Red Grape Concentrate, Organic Black Currant, and Organic Pomegranate Concentrate. Since it’s made with dark red and purple fruits, it has a high antioxidant content (polyphenols). This is why we call it a “Superfruit” spread. Antioxidants are good for heart health, help to lower risk of infections, and forms of cancer. Bursting with lip-smacking fruit, and a unique flavor combo this tarte flavor profile truly compliments the fudgy cocoa notes—making this one powerhouse of a brownie!
2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
1 Cup Cocoa Powder
½ tsp. Salt
1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Coconut Oil
½ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
½ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- To start, grab a large mixing bowl. Add in the gluten free flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder & sugar. Mix well until all of the ingredients are well incorporated and mixed together evenly. Set aside.
- Next, in a small sauce pot, combine the buttermilk, coconut oil and Pomegranate Power Fruit Spread and whisk until the fruit spread has evenly mixed in with the milk and coconut oil. Set aside.
- Next, add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon until the batter is well mixed and there are no lumps or chunks of flour left. Add in the chunks of chocolate as well as the chips and give the batter one final mix.
- Divide the batter into two prepared 9” square baking pans lined with parchment paper or cooking spray and bake for 40 minutes at 350°F
- Once fully cooked, let the brownies fully cool on a wire rack before cutting and removing from the pan. Once brownies have fully cooled. Cut, serve and enjoy!