Full of chocolatey goodness, jam-packed with nutritious antioxidants, and gluten free—these Delicious Pomegranate Power GF Chocolate Chunk Brownies are the ultimate treat! The magic behind this brownie is our Superfruit Pomegranate Power Spread. It’s a blend of Organic Morello Cherries, Organic Red Grape Concentrate, Organic Black Currant, and Organic Pomegranate Concentrate. Since it’s made with dark red and purple fruits, it has a high antioxidant content (polyphenols). This is why we call it a “Superfruit” spread. Antioxidants are good for heart health, help to lower risk of infections, and forms of cancer. Bursting with lip-smacking fruit, and a unique flavor combo this tarte flavor profile truly compliments the fudgy cocoa notes—making this one powerhouse of a brownie!
2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
1 ½ Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Salt
1 Cup Cocoa Powder
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Coconut Oil
½ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
½ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepared two 9” square baking pans by lining with parchment paper or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the gluten free flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, combine the buttermilk, coconut oil and Crofter’s Organic Premium Pomegranate Power Fruit Spread. Whisk until the fruit spread has evenly mixed in with the buttermilk and coconut oil. Set aside.
- Next, add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until the batter has no lumps of flour left. Stir in the chocolate chunks and chocolate chips, giving the batter one final mix.
- Divide the batter into your two prepared 9” square baking pans. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the brownies fully cool on a wire rack before cutting and removing from the pan. Once brownies have cooled. Cut, serve and enjoy!