If you crave flavorful pumpkin treats, you’ll love this dessert recipe! Wild Blueberry Pumpkin Tart combines a pecan pastry crust with a creamy blueberry pumpkin filling. You can’t miss the bold blueberry flavor from our sweet Wild Blueberry Just Fruit Spread in this delicious recipe. This tart is great for fall celebrations like Thanksgiving or makes a great Christmas dessert. It’s a must try for the holiday season!
1 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/3 Cup Soft Butter
1 Large Egg
2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
½ Cup Cream Cheese
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly coat a tart pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- Start by making the tart crust. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flour, finely chopped pecans, and powdered sugar. Whisk together. Add in the butter and egg. Bring together until a loose dough forms. Bring together into a ball and gently wrap and place in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- While the crust is chilling in the fridge, let’s make the filling. Combine all of the filling ingredients and beat together using a hand mixer until well combined and smooth. Place in the fridge until ready.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and lay it out onto a flat floured surface and roll into a circle slightly larger than your tart pan. Transfer the dough to the tart pan and press into the bottom of the pan. Poke some holes in the bottom to let air through with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes.
- When the crust is finished baking, pour the filling into the crust and finish baking for another 40 minutes or until the filling is set. Remove from the oven and top with fresh blueberries, pumpkin seeds, and chopped nuts. Enjoy!