There’s nothing quite like a blueberry crumble baking in the oven. Especially one that’s gluten-free, packed with fresh blueberries and topped with lots of sweet golden crumble topping. (There’s never too much crumble topping.) Are we making you hungry yet? We’re making ourselves hungry just thinking about it. Dang it, not again! Our recipe for this Wild Blueberry Crumble is a must try for any dessert fanatic. Dessert is a sacred time for some, some even prefer it before their dinner because they enjoy it so much. That’s dedication! We see nothing wrong with that, but we just wanted to warn you that if you’re one of those people, this dessert could quickly become your favorite appetizer as well. Consider yourself forewarned. If you need to whip up a delicious dessert in a hurry, look no further, this is it! Deliciously sweet bubbling blueberries covered in a sweet golden crumble? Come on, even your worst enemy wouldn’t turn that down! And if you needed an excuse to eat vanilla ice cream, we’ve got you covered. Our wild blueberry crumble topped with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt is a duo that would give even PB&J a run for its money!
1 Pound Fresh Blueberries
2 Tbsp. Crofter’s Organic Biodynamic Wild Blueberry Fruit Spread
3 tsp. Gluten-Free Flour
1/4 Coconut Sugar
1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
2 Tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (Melted)
2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Start off by preheating your oven to 375°F and preparing a cast iron skillet with a light greasing of butter or cooking spray.
- Next mix all of your filling ingredients together in a large bowl and mix gently using a wooden spoon until the blueberries are well coated with the flour mixture. Now dump the blueberries into the prepared cast iron skillet and set aside.
- Now we can go ahead and make the crumble for the blueberries to hide under. Again, in a large bowl, combine all of your topping ingredients and mix until the ingredients begin to form a sticky crumble consistency. You can adjust the sweetness and consistency of your crumble to your liking by using less or more maple syrup in the recipe.
- Scoop with a large spoon or sprinkle your crumble topping on top of the blueberries in the prepared skillet. Try to cover as much of the blueberries as possible with the crumble so they cook evenly.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes in the oven or until the crumble has turned a beautiful golden colour and the blueberries are noticeably bubbling underneath. Serve our Wild Blueberry Crumble fresh out of the oven on its own or with a scoop or two of frozen yogurt or ice cream. Enjoy!