Satisfying, cozy, and jam-packed with flavor is what you’ll get from this delicious Apricot Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Soup! YUM! This soup embraces the flavors of the fall season with a unique Crofter’s twist by adding Apricot Fruit Spread! You heard right—apricot, sweet potato, and pumpkin oh my! This soup is far from traditional and is sure to warm you up during the colder months of the year. Yay for soup season! Give it a try and let us know what you think.
2 large Sweet Potatoes (Diced)
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
2 Red Bell Peppers (Quartered)
1 Red Onion (Quartered)
4 Cloves of Garlic (Skin On)
4 Cups Vegetable Broth
6 Dried Apricots (Diced)
1 Tsp Paprika
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2-3 Green Chili’s
Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dice the sweet potato into 1” chunks, quarter 1 and 1/2 red bell pepper and the red onion. Place on baking sheet with garlic and drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper (to taste).
- Place the tray in the oven and roast for 45 minutes to an hour. Until the red pepper has developed a nice char on its skin and the sweet potatoes are very soft. Remove from oven once done and remove garlic from its skin.
- Place the tray of roasted vegetables in a blender with 2 tbsp Crofter’s Organic Premium Apricot Fruit Spread and 1 cup pumpkin puree and puree until smooth with the vegetable stock. Add in the paprika and continue to puree until smooth.
- Once the soup is smooth, remove it from the blender and transfer it into a large sauce pot over low-medium heat. Allow the soup to simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring regularly to allow the flavors to develop. Careful not to heat the soup over to high of heat to avoid burning the bottom.
- While the soup is simmering, make the chili apricot salsa. quickly rinse out the blender or food processor and add in 2-3 green chilis (remove seeds depending on how hot/spicy you like things), 1/2 red bell pepper, 6 dried apricots and 2 tbsp Crofter’s Organic Premium Apricot Fruit Spread. Pulse until it begins to look like salsa consistency and has small chunks. Careful not to over pulse.
- To serve, fill up a bowl with the Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Soup, top with a spoonful of the Apricot Chili Salsa and a drizzle of coconut milk and parsley. Enjoy!