Take your charcuterie board to a whole-nother-level with this tasty Blackberry Puff Pastry Baked Brie. This ooey-gooey decadent appetizer is like none other you’ve tried before. Creamy warm brie cheese, honey, juicy blackberry, and puff pastry—need we say more?! Brie cheese has a sumptuous yet delicate flavor with a velvety smooth texture finish. It pairs great with baguette crisps, crackers, apples, grapes, pears, fig or earthy nuts like unsalted pecans or candied walnuts. Give it a try and tell us what you think!
1 Tbsp Raw Honey
1 Wheel Extra Creamy Brie Cheese
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
½ tsp Kosher Salt
½ Cup Cold Water
1 ¼ Cup Cold Butter
OR Store-bought Frozen Puff Pastry
Fresh Sprigs of Thyme
1 Large Egg
2 Tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- If using a store-bought frozen puff pastry, remove from freezer and let that sit for 1-hour at room temperature or as long as the directions require. (**If you are making your own, in a large bowl, add the flour and salt and then cut in ¾ cup of the cold butter cubes until absorbed. Once absorbed, add in the remainder of the cold butter and combine. Next add the cold water and mix lightly, careful not too over mix. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough a couple times to bring it together and then roll it out into a large rectangle with a rolling pin. Fold the dough over on itself and then repeat rolling it out 2 more times. Wrap it in plastic and then refrigerate for 1-hour.**)
- Roll the puff pastry out into a square shape that will be large enough to fold over your wheel of brie and to seal it. About 12” should be fine.
- Next, we’re going to cut the wheel of brie into two wheels. Using a knife, score around the outside of the brie cheese as if you were going to cut it in half. Then with a piece of kitchen string or dental floss, slide it into the scores you previously made and slide it all the way through the cheese. This method will deliver a really clean cut all the way through.
- On the bottom half of the brie cheese wheel, scoop 3 Tbsp Crofter’s Blackberry Fruit Spread and then top with fresh blackberries and a sprinkle of fresh thyme. Place the other half of the brie cheese wheel on top and place in the center of the puff pastry.
- Fold the sides in on the puff pastry to cover the wheel of brie cheese and pinch in the corners to fill in any seams. If you have too much puff pastry, remove some gently with your hands. Brush the pastry with egg wash and then place in the oven. Cook for 30-35 minutes until the puff pastry is fully cooked and puffed. Serve with fresh baguette crisps and a side of Blackberry spread. Enjoy!