Get ready to take your taste buds on a flavorful adventure! This Tasty Black Currant & Pear Muffins with Salted Black Currant Butter is sure to become your new favorite muffin recipe! This autumnal fruit pairing is the perfect way to kick off the fall season! This flavor profile is made for each other. The tart, vibrant, and sweet earthiness of the Crofter’s Black Currant Fruit Spread pairs pleasantly with the sweetness of pear. It’s the perfect balance between tart and sweet, give it a try!
1 ½ Cup Gluten-Free Flour
½ Cup White Sugar
¼ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
½ Cup Almond Milk
1 Large Egg Room Temp
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup Sour Cream
¾ Cup Crofter’s Just Fruit Black Currant Fruit Spread
1 Bartlett Pear Peeled & Diced into Small Cubes
Salted Black Currant Butter:
1 tsp Kosher Salt
¼ Cup Crofter`s Black Currant Fruit Spread
1 Cup Butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line/grease a muffin tray. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a bowl, combine the gluten free flour, white sugar, brown sugar & baking powder. Set aside. In another bowl, combine the melted butter, almond milk, egg, vanilla extract & sour cream. Pour over the dry ingredients and loosely mix until they ingredients are just combined.
- Once lightly mixed, add in the Crofter’s Just Fruit Black Currant Fruit Spread and the finely chopped pears. Give the batter one final light mix to incorporate the pears and Black Currant spread.
- Next, fill the muffin cups or tray with ¼ cup of the muffin batter and then place in the oven to bake for 23-25 minutes. Use a toothpick to ensure the muffins are cooked all the way through by inserting it in the top – if no wet batter comes out, they’re done!
- While the muffins are cooking, you can quickly prepare the Salted Black Currant Butter. Simply combine 1 Cup of butter with ¼ Cup Crofter’s Just Fruit Black Currant Fruit Spread and 1 Tsp of kosher salt. Mix together well and set aside.
- Once muffins are a perfect golden colour and are finished baking, cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan and serving. Enjoy!