Get ready to take your taste buds on a flavorful adventure! This Tasty Black Currant & Pear Muffins with Salted Black Currant Butter is sure to become your new favorite muffin recipe! This autumnal fruit pairing is the perfect way to kick off the fall season! This flavor profile is made for each other. The tart, vibrant, and sweet earthiness of the Crofter’s Black Currant Fruit Spread pairs pleasantly with the sweetness of pear. It’s the perfect balance between tart and sweet, give it a try!
1 ½ Cup Gluten-Free Flour
½ Cup White Sugar
¼ Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
½ Cup Almond Milk
1 Large Egg (Room Temp)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup Sour Cream
1 Bartlett Pear (Peeled & Diced)
Salted Black Currant Butter:
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Cup Butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line/grease a muffin tray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the gluten free flour, white sugar, brown sugar & baking powder. Set aside. In another bowl, combine the melted butter, almond milk, egg, vanilla extract & sour cream. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients loosely mixing until combined.
- Once lightly mixed, add in the Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Black Currant Fruit Spread and the finely chopped pears. Give the batter one final light mix to incorporate the pears and Black Currant spread.
- Next, fill the muffin cups with ¼ cup of the muffin batter. Place in the oven and bake for 23-25 minutes. Use a toothpick to ensure the muffins are cooked all the way through by inserting it in the top (if no wet batter comes out, they’re done).
- While the muffins are cooking, you can quickly prepare the Salted Black Currant Butter. Combine butter, Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Black Currant Fruit Spread and kosher salt. Mix together well and set aside.
- Once muffins are done cooking, cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan. Serve Muffins with Salted Black Current Butter, Enjoy!