Cinnamon sugary coated goodness baked to golden brown perfection, injected with delicious raspberry filling—it can’t get much better than this! Did we mention these Sweet Raspberry Cinnamon Doughnuts are Vegan?! Because, they are! Warning, these doughnuts are pretty addicting! YUM!
½ Cup Crofter’s Organic Premium Seedless Raspberry Fruit Spread
2 ¾ Cup Gluten-Free Flour
¾ Cup Almond Milk
2 ¼ Tsp Active Dry Yeast
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Egg Replacer (Mixed with 4 Tbsp Water)
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
½ Cup Apple Sauce
¼ Cup Cinnamon
¼ Cup White Sugar
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized sauce pot, start by adding in the almond milk and maple syrup and bring up to medium heat. Careful, you don’t want to boil the milk. Next, add in the active dry yeast and continually whisk until the yeast has dissolved. Keep over the heat for 5 minutes and then remove from heat. Set aside.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt and apple sauce and mix using a wooden spoon until the ingredients are roughly combined. Add in the almond milk mixture to the flour mixture and knead with your hands until a ball of dough beings to form. Lastly, add in the egg replacer and continue to knead until your form a ball of dough.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and divide the ball into 8 smaller doughnuts. Just tear apart the dough with your hands and then roll the pieces into round doughnuts. Cover the doughnuts under a kitchen cloth or towel for 30-minutes to allow the doughnuts to rise.
- While the doughnuts are rising, lets make the filling. In a medium sauce pot, combine the Crofter’s Organic Premium Seedless Raspberry Fruit Spread with fresh lemon juice and simmer over medium heat for 5-minutes. Set aside.
- Place the now risen doughnuts on the prepared baking tray and let them bake at 350°F for 20-minutes or are cooked completely through. Test this by inserting a toothpick in the center. Once done, remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes to cool.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled, give them a very light spray with a vegan non-stick cooking oil like avocado oil or coconut oil. Just enough to make the coating stick. In a small bowl combine the white sugar and cinnamon and roll the doughnuts in the mixture to coat. Using a filling injector, fill each of the doughnuts with the Raspberry Lemon filling. Enjoy!