Indulge in the ultimate dessert experience with our homemade Strawberry Shortcake! Enjoy a wholesome twist on the classic dessert with our made-from-scratch cake, enhanced by the sweet and juicy flavor of our Strawberry Premium Fruit Spread. Every slice offers a burst of fruity goodness that perfectly complements the lightness of the cake, creating a symphony of flavors that are perfect for summer. Try it today and savor the irresistible combination of fluffy cake, juicy strawberries, and luscious whipped cream!
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
3 Eggs (Separated)
Pinch of Cream of Tartar
1 Cup Granulated Sugar (Divided)
½ Cup Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Milk
2 Cups Fresh Strawberries (Sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly coat two 8-inch round cake pans with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set the dry ingredients aside.
- In another bowl, combine the egg whites and cream of tartar using a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add in ½ cup of the sugar and continue beating until firm peaks form. Set the meringue aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ½ cup sugar, egg yolks, butter, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients alternatively with the milk and continue to mix. Next, fold in the meringue gently and then transfer to the prepared baking pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 minutes or until the cakes turn golden brown. Once done, remove and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the tray.
- Start with one of the cake rounds and carefully spread out a layer of whipped cream followed by a layer of Crofter’s Organic Premium Strawberry Fruit Spread and fresh sliced strawberries. Stack the cakes and repeat the process. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!