This decadent tart is what dreams are made of! Puff pastry baked to golden brown perfection, covered with an irresistibly sweet strawberry cream cheese filling, drizzled with honey and topped with rich pistachios—yum! This tasty Strawberry Pistachio Tart is truly jam-packed with juicy strawberry goodness and will have you daydreaming of sunshine. It’s the perfect dessert for springtime and is a Mother’s Day favorite. Treat yourself with this delicious self-indulgent treat!
6 oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
4 Tbsp Honey (Divided)
1 Cup Fresh Strawberries (Sliced)
¼ Cup Chopped Pistachios
1 Egg (For the egg wash)
1 Tbsp Water (For the egg wash)
Cane Sugar (For the crust)
Frozen Puff Pastry
- Start by allowing the frozen puff pastry sheet to thaw for about 1 hour on the counter. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, 2 Tbsp of honey and Crofter’s Organic Premium Strawberry Fruit Spread. Combine using a whisk until smooth. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Place the thawed puff pastry on to the prepared baking tray. If the puff pastry is slightly too large to fit on the tray, trim it down so that it fits using a knife.
- Spread the strawberry cream cheese mixture over the puff pastry in an even layer, leaving a ½ inch border from the edge. Next, place the fresh sliced strawberries on top in an even layer. Fold the edge of the puff pastry up onto itself to form a little lip so that nothing will leak out while cooking.
- Prepare the egg wash by beating the whole egg and 1 tbsp water thoroughly with a fork in a small bowl. Brush the edges of the tart lightly with the egg wash and sprinkle with the cane sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry has turned golden brown. Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp of honey and chopped pistachios on top. Let cool before trying to cut into squares. Once cooled, serve & enjoy!