A sweet creamy taste of summer! Cool down with these delicious, homemade Strawberry & Crème Popsicles. This recipe is made with wholesome ingredients you likely already have on hand for a thirst-quenching velvety treat on hot summer days. Our Strawberry Premium Spread adds instant fruit flavor and makes this recipe a breeze. Enjoy a simple summer dessert that’s as refreshing as it is delicious. Great for holiday celebrations such as Canada Day or Fourth of July!
1 Cup Water
¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 Cup Milk
2 Egg Yolks
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a medium sized sauce pot combine the Crofter’s Organic Premium Strawberry Fruit Spread with 1 cup of water and stir together to thin out the fruit spread. Set aside.
- In a separate medium saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Mix together. Pour the milk over the sugar and cornstarch. Stir using a whisk. Place the saucepan over medium heat for ~10 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Continuously stirring.
- While the crème mixture is simmering, in a small bowl beat together 2 egg yolks and add in 1 tbsp of the thickened crème mixture to get the eggs to temperature. Now add the eggs into the saucepan and continue to whisk. Add in vanilla extract. The mixture should begin to thicken up. Once thick, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a popsicle mould, pour the strawberry mixture in first filling the mould 1/3 of the way up. Place in the freezer and allow to freeze for 1 hour. Remove and then pour in the crème mixture, filling the mould 2/3 of the way up. Again, place in the freezer to freeze for 1 hour. Remove and finally fill the last third of the mould with the remaining strawberry mixture.
- Place back in the freezer and allow to fully freeze for 8 hour or overnight. Once fully frozen, gently warm the popsicles up with your hand to remove from the mould, serve and enjoy!