Calling all berry lovers, this recipe is dedicated to YOU! These Simple Blackberry Breakfast Muffins are literally jam-packed with deliciously juicy blackberry flavor we know you’re going to love! These muffins are sure to keep you coming back for more. You can thank the Crofter’s Bear for picking the most nutritious and delicious blackberries—Bears do pick the very best berries. Enjoy!
2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
½ Cup Milk (Nutmilk)
¾ Cup Canola Oil
2 large Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Fresh Blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. Mix well. In another bowl combine all of the wet ingredients. Mix well. Next, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix lightly (careful not to over mix the batter).
- Next, put fresh blackberries into a bowl. Use the back of a fork to gently mash the blackberries (just until the juice starts to leak out). Add mashed blackberries into the bowl of batter. Lightly mix until combined.
- Fill up the muffin tins ¼ of the way with batter followed by a scoop of Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Blackberry Fruit Spread. Repeat this process for the entire tray and then fill up the remaining space in the muffin trays with leftover batter (careful not to overfill the liners).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven (or until the muffins are a golden color). To check if muffins are done, simply insert a toothpick in the center of a muffin and if it pulls out clean the muffins are done. Careful not to overbake these muffins.
- Let cool slightly before serving and then enjoy!