Calling all berry lovers, this recipe is dedicated to YOU! Our Blackberry Muffins are literally jampacked with deliciously juicy blackberry flavor we know you’re going to love! The best part about this recipe is you can make them ahead of time for a quick breakfast or snack to have throughout the week! This Simple Blackberry Muffin recipe is sure to keep you coming back for more. You can thank the Crofter’s Bear for picking the most nutritious and delicious blackberries—Bears do pick the berry best berries. Enjoy!
2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Kosher Salt
1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
½ Cup Milk (Nutmilk)
¾ Cup Canola Oil
2 large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
½ Cup fresh Blackberries
½ Cup Crofter’s Just Fruit Blackberry Spread
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well using a wooden spoon. In another bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients together using a wooden spoon. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix lightly. Careful not to over mix the batter.
- Gently mash up your blackberries next until the juices are just starting to leak out. This can be a fun part, use the back of a spoon or fork or just dive in with your hands to break up those blackberries. Once the blackberries are slightly mashed, add them into the bowl of batter and lightly mix the blackberries in.
- Fill up the muffin tins ¼ of the way with batter followed by a scoop of our Just Fruit Blackberry fruit spread. Repeat this process for the entire tray and then fill up the remaining space in the muffin trays with batter (careful not to overfill the liners).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven or until the muffins are a beautiful golden colour. Another great way to tell if muffins are ready is if you can stick a toothpick in the center of one and pull it clean out. Careful not to overbake these muffins.
- Let cool slightly before serving and then enjoy!