Looking for an easy grab-and-go morning pastry or decadent dessert? Look no further! Delicious brown sugar oat crumble topping baked to golden brown perfection and bursting with strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, and blueberry flavor. These Simple Berry Harvest Crumble Squares are sure to hit the spot!
1 ½ Cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
1 Cup Gluten-Free Flour
1 Cup Coconut Oil (Room Temp)
½ Cup Brown Sugar
½ Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Tsp Lemon Zest
½ Tsp Lemon Juice
½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8x8” baking tray with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and mix with a whisk. Add in the coconut oil and switch to a wooden spoon to evenly mix the coconut oil into the rolled oat mixture. The mixture should be crumbly but quite sticky.
- Grab your prepared 8x8” baking pan and press a layer of the crumble into the bottom of the pan. Use about just over half of the mixture to do this so that a thick enough crust forms on the bottom. Bake in the oven for 10- minutes or until the crust begins to turn a golden color.
- While the crust is baking, mix the Crofter’s Organic Premium Berry Harvest Fruit Spread and the lemon juice in a small bowl. Remove the crust from the oven and then spread the Berry Harvest lemon mixture onto the crust. Top with the remaining crumble mixture and then place back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let the bars fully cool before trying to cut the squares. Once cooled, cut into 9 squares, serve and enjoy!