Get ready for a bursting rush of apricot flavor with this Crofter’s twist on the classic lemon bar. We know you’re thinking, ‘well, what’s the twist?’! How does a delicious lip-smacking apricot profile with undertones of coconut flaky crumble topping sound? Is your mouth water yet? We know ours sure is. These simple Apricot Crumble Squares are sure to be winner with their down-home, just like grandma made tasty goodness feel. Enjoy!
2 Cups Coconut Flour
2 Cups Dried Shredded Coconut
¾ Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Cup Coconut Oil (Cubed)
- To start, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9”x 9” baking tray with parchment paper or grease it well with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, we’re going to cube some coconut oil. Grab an ice cube tray, run the coconut oil under warm water until it turns into its liquid state and then measure out 1 Cup of the liquid coconut oil. Put about a Tbsp into each well of the ice cube tray and then place in the freezer for 5 minutes to set. Remove from the freezer and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, shredded coconut, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix with a whisk until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. Next, remove the coconut oil cubes from the ice cube tray and with a pastry cutter or your hands, cut the coconut oil into the dry ingredients until a crumble topping texture is achieved.
- Next, grab the prepared 9”x 9” baking pan and firmly press half of the coconut crumble mixture down into the bottom of the pan. Make sure to try and get this layer as even as possible and into each of the corners. Grab your jar of Crofter`s Organic Just Fruit Apricot Spread and start spreading the apricot fruit spread out evenly onto the bottom crust, leaving about a 1/4-inch space from the edge. Gently sprinkle the remaining crumble on top of the apricot fruit spread.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes until a light golden-brown color is achieved. You’ll really start to notice that these are starting to smell REALLY GOOD right when they’re close to being done. Once baked, remove from the oven and let completely cool on the counter before trying to remove form the pan or cut the squares. About 10 minutes. Once fully cooled, cut into 9 squares and serve. Enjoy!