Tangy Seville Orange, sweet toasted coconut and flaky melt-in-your mouth pastry! Seville Orange Toasted Coconut Galette is a delicious way to use seasonal citrus year-round. A rustic dessert recipe that is sure to please. Top with your favorite ice cream for an extra sweet treat, enjoy!
1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry
4 Small Oranges
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg (for the egg wash)
1 Tbsp Water (for the egg wash)
½ Tsp Granulated Sugar
- Remove the frozen puff pastry sheet from the freezer allowing it to thaw for about 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly coat an 8” skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Peel the oranges and remove as much of the rind as possible. Slice the oranges into thin rounds, place them in a small mixing bowl and add in the vanilla extract. Stir gently to coat.
- Once the puff pastry is thawed, lay it out on a lightly floured work surface and roll out to approximately 12”x12”. Transfer the puff pastry over to the prepared skillet and press the puff pastry into the skillet gently, allowing the excess pastry to hang over the sides of the skillet.
- Spoon in the Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Seville Orange Fruit Spread and smooth it out into a flat layer. Add the sliced orange rounds on top and sprinkle with the coconut flakes. Fold over the excess puff pastry on top of the oranges in a circular pattern.
- Prepare the egg wash by beating the whole egg and 1 tbsp water thoroughly with a fork in a small bowl. Lightly brush the crust with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place in the prepared oven for about 40 minutes (until golden brown). Once ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Garnish with additional coconut flakes, serve and enjoy!