Carrots, Fruit Spread, Muffins—oh my! These Tasty Seville Orange Spiced Carrot Muffins is a recipe you’ll want to keep! These muffins are jam-packed with carrots, whole wheat, lemon zest, and that just-right orange-y taste that comes from our Seville Orange Spread. Since this recipe is loaded with carrots, whole wheat, and just fruit spread (that has no added refined sugar)—you can enjoy these muffins guilt-free and be assured that they’re still packed with lots of flavor! Tasty!
1/3 Cup Butter
½ Cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 & ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tbsp Grated Lemon Zest
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
¼ Tsp Ground Nutmeg
¼ Tsp Ground Cloves
1 Cup Peeled Shredded Carrot
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line/grease a muffin tray. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and cream with a whisk until light and fluffy. Approximately 5-10 minutes of whipping with a whisk should do the trick.
- Next, beat in the eggs until they are well combined in the butter and sugar mixture with your whisk and then lastly, beat in the Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Seville Orange Fruit Spread.
- Next, in another mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, fresh grated lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, ground nutmeg and the ground cloves. Give this a quick mix to make sure the ingredients are evenly dispersed in the flour. Mix the flour mixture in with the egg mixture and mix until just combined. Careful not to over stir or over mix.
- Lastly, we can’t forget about the carrots! Fold in the peeled and shredded carrots and loosely mix them into the muffin batter. The easiest way to shred the carrots we found was with a fine cheese grater and MAKE SURE you peel the carrots first. If the carrots are left unpeeled, the skin can hold a really bitter taste. Not what we’re looking for in these muffins!
- Scoop 2 Tbsp portions of the Seville Orange Spiced Carrot Muffin batter out into your prepared muffin tray and bake for 20-25- Minutes at 350°F. You’ll know when these muffins are ready when they turn a delicious golden colour and start to develop a slight crispy crust on the top. To make sure they are fully baked, insert a toothpick in the center of a muffin, if no sticky batter comes out, you’re ready!
- Once muffins are fully baked, remove from the oven and let sit for 5- Minutes in the muffin pan to cool before trying to remove. Once they have sat for 5- Minutes, remove the muffins carefully from the pan (use a fork or toothpick along the sides if they are a bit stuck) and let them fully cool on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy!