Carrots, Fruit Spread, Muffins—oh my! These tasty Seville Orange Spiced Carrot Muffins is a recipe you’ll want to keep. These muffins are jam-packed with carrots, whole wheat, lemon zest, and that just-right orange-y taste that comes from our tangy Seville Orange spread. Since this recipe is loaded with carrots, whole wheat, spices and just fruit spread (that has no added refined sugar)—you can rejoice knowing each bite will be bursting with tasty wholesome flavor!
1/3 Cup Butter
½ Cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tbsp Grated Lemon Zest
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
¼ Tsp Ground Nutmeg
¼ Tsp Ground Cloves
1 Cup Peeled Shredded Carrots
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line/grease a muffin tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Cream with a whisk until light and fluffy. Approximately 5-10 minutes of whipping with a whisk.
- Next, whisk in the eggs until they are well combined with the butter/sugar mixture. Next, whisk in the Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Seville Orange Fruit Spread.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves. Mix until ingredients are evenly dispersed in the flour.
- Mix the flour mixture in with the egg mixture until just combined. Careful not to over mix. Fold the shredded carrots into the muffin batter.
- Scoop 2 Tbsp portions of the muffin batter into your prepared muffin tray. Bake for 20 minutes (until golden brown). Carefully remove muffins from the tray and let them fully cool on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy!