This citrus duo is unlike any bread you’ve tasted before and in the best way possible. We’re talking lemon zest, orange zest, OJ, and tangy Seville Orange spread—it’s truly bursting with citrusy goodness! Topped with a light layer of lemon icing and just in time for spring! It can’t get much better than this, Enjoy!
½ Cup Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Seville Orange Fruit Spread
½ Cup Fresh Orange Juice
¾ Cup Gluten- Free Flour
¾ Cup Gluten- Free Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp ground Cinnamon
½ Tsp Kosher Salt
2 Egg Whites
2 Tbsp White Sugar
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Fresh Lemon Zest
1 Tsp Fresh Orange Zest
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Tbsp Milk
1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9”x5” baking pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine both of the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and give this a good mix to incorporate all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Seville Orange Fruit Spread with the orange juice, egg whites, white sugar, olive oil, orange zest, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Use a whisk to beat the mixture until all of the ingredients are mixed well.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix using a rubber spatula until all of the ingredients are evenly moist. Grab your prepared 9”x5” baking pan and pour the batter into the pan. Let it drop gently against the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the bread is a golden-brown color and a toothpick can be inserted cleanly in the center of the loaf. While the loaf is baking, prepare the icing. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice and mix using a fork until smooth.
- Once the Seville Orange Bread is finished, remove it from the oven and before trying to cut or remove it from the pan, let it cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, drizzle with the lemon icing and gently lift the bread out of the pan to cut using the parchment paper. Enjoy!