These Raspberry Shortbread Crumble Squares make the perfect dessert and are sure to satisfy! Handcrafted with simple ingredients you likely already have in the pantry. A delicious shortbread crust with a thick layer of sweet Seedless Raspberry Fruit Spread topped with shortbread crumble and baked to perfection. It takes very little time and only a few ingredients to make these rich buttery raspberry-filled bars!
½ Cup Butter
¼ Cup White Sugar
1 Large Egg
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 ½ Cups All-Purpose Flour (Divided)
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Black Chia Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spraying a 9”x 9” baking pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, egg, olive oil and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Now only add in 2 cups of the flour along with the baking powder. Mix together with your hands to form a loose crumble. Set remaining ½ cup of flour aside.
- Transfer half of the crumble mixture over to the prepared baking pan and press into the bottom of the pan to form the crust. Poke holes with a fork into the crust so it doesn’t bubble.
- Next, add the Crofter’s Organic Premium Seedless Raspberry Fruit Spread on top of the crust. Evenly spread it out to the edges and sprinkle the black chia seeds on top.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of flour to the crumble mixture and mix together with your hands. This crumble should be very loose. Sprinkle this over top of the raspberry fruit spread and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Once cooled, cut into squares serve and enjoy!