Delicious almond oat crust, with luscious layers of peanut butter and Crofter’s Morello Cherry spread topped with salty peanuts all baked to golden brown perfection! These Morello Cherry Peanut Butter Squares make the perfect dessert. Pair with a tall glass of milk or a scoop of ice cream for an extra tasty treat—the choice is yours!
1 Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
1 Cup Raw Almonds
½ Tsp Sea Salt
2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
5 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Melted)
2-3 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
1-2 Tbsp Salted Peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 8” x 8” baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- To a food processor, add the gluten free rolled oats, raw almonds, sea salt and coconut sugar. Pulse on a high setting until the mixture turns into a fine powder. We left a few chunks remaining in the mixture for a crunchier texture.
- Next, transfer the mixture to a bowl and add in the melted coconut oil mixing well until evenly coated. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan making a flat even layer. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F (until the edges turn golden brown).
- While the crust is baking, add the Crofter’s Organic Premium Morello Cherry Fruit Spread to a small saucepan and let it simmer over low/medium heat for about 10 minutes. This will allow the fruit spread to become pourable and easier to spread on the crust.
- When the crust is ready, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool slightly and then add the Crofter’s Organic Premium Morello Cherry Fruit Spread and spread it out in an even layer. Next, spoon some peanut butter on top and swirl it around using a skewer or the back of a spoon. Top with salted peanuts.
- Bake again for 15 minutes (until the fruit spread begins to bubble). Remove from the oven and let completely cool before trying to cut into squares. Once cooled, gently lift out of the baking pan and cut into squares. Enjoy!