Bring a bit of steakhouse elegance into your own kitchen! This recipe for Morello Cherry Glazed New York Strip Steaks is simple, straightforward, and yields excellent steak every time. Savory, rich steak seasoned and seared to perfection and then coated in a delicious glaze using our sweet Morello Cherry Fruit Spread. This is a great recipe for a romantic date night in or special family occasion. The meat is dressed up in a Morello Cherry sauce that has sophisticated tart flavors for the adults and just enough sweetness to please the kids—it’s a must try!
Morello Cherry Sauce:
2 Cups Crofter’s Organic Premium Morello Cherry Fruit Spread
2 Tbsp Minced Shallot
2 Tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
1 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
1/3 Cup Whiskey
3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Melted Butter
Dash of Salt
Dash of Pepper
3 10oz New York Strip Steaks
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
3-4 Sprigs of Thyme
Fresh Chive (Garnish)
Sesame Seeds (Garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all the Morello Cherry Sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine. Transfer the sauce to a medium sized sauce pot and place over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stirring regularly.
- While the sauce is thickening, prepare the steaks. Season the steaks on both sides generously with salt and pepper. Place a skillet over high heat and add the canola oil to the pan.
- Once it is shimmering, sear the steaks on each side for 3-4 minutes. For the final minute of each sear, reduce the heat and add in the 2 tbsp butter, crushed garlic cloves, and thyme. As the butter melts, spoon it on top of the steaks basting them.
- Next, allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board. By this time, the sauce should be ready. Remove from the heat and brush the Morello Cherry Sauce generously on each side of the steaks. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Finish cooking the steaks in the oven for about 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 130°F. This will get you about a medium rare steak. Continue cooking if you like your steaks more well done.
- Once ready, remove from the oven and allow to rest. Slice the steaks in to strips and top with a sprinkle of fresh chives and sesame seeds. Enjoy!