Morello Cherry Chocolate Muffins are a decadent treat with rich flavor! These muffins provide a unique and delicious twist on classic chocolate muffins by adding our Morello Cherry Premium Fruit Spread for an extra burst of cherry flavor that sets them apart. The muffins are moist, fluffy, and loaded with chocolate chips and cherries. This recipe is easy to follow and produces a batch of muffins perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a dessert. The muffins can be made ahead and stored in the freezer for a quick and easy snack on-the-go!
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
¾ Tsp Baking Soda
¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
1/8 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ Cup Chocolate Chips
¼ Cup + 6 Tbsp Crofter’s Organic Premium Morello Cherry Fruit Spread (Divided)
2 Large Eggs
½ Cup Oat Yogurt
½ Cup Honey
1/3 Cup Almond Milk
¼ Cup Olive Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F and lightly coat a muffin tray with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients using a whisk and then add in the chocolate chips. Stir until combined and set aside.
- In another medium sized mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients with the ¼ cup Crofter’s Organic Premium Morello Cherry Fruit Spread. Whisk to combine until smooth. Add the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and then bring together using a spatula. Careful not to over mix.
- Fill the prepared muffin pan about 2/3 of the way full with the muffin batter and add a dollop on of the remaining Crofter’s Organic Premium Morello Cherry Fruit Spread on to the top of each muffin (about ½ tbsp per muffin). Swirl the fruit spread in with a skewer or a small knife. Repeat for all 12 muffins.
- Place muffins in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the tray. Serve and enjoy!