Introducing our delectable Morello Cherry Caramel Apples, a delightful twist on the classic fall treat. We've taken crisp, juicy apples and generously coated them with a luscious caramel infused with our exquisite Morello Cherry Premium Fruit Spread. To add an irresistible crunch, we've adorned these caramel apples with a delicate layer of crushed pretzels, creating a harmonious blend of sweet and savory flavors. Indulge in this mouth-watering creation, a true embodiment of autumn's finest flavors.
¼ Cup Water
8 Granny Smith Apples
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Cup Butter
¼ Cup Corn Syrup
1 300ml Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
½ Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Crushed Gluten-Free Pretzels (About 1 Cup)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the Crofter’s Organic Premium Morello Cherry Fruit Spread and the water. Simmer over medium heat stirring frequently until the spread turns into a syrup. Strain out any big chunks and set the morello cherry syrup aside to cool. Wash your apples well to remove any wax coating. The caramel won’t stick if there’s a wax coating on your apples.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk, salt, vanilla extract, and the morello cherry syrup. Stir together and place over medium-high heat until the caramel reaches 240°F. STIR CONSTANTLY*. You don’t want the caramel to sit a burn.
- Keep stirring until the caramel begins to pull away from the sides of the pot and begins to thicken and slightly darken.
- Once the caramel is done, remove from the heat. Grab your apples and remove the stems. Place a skewer or stick into the apple where the stem was. Rotate the apple through the cherry caramel sauce and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper to set for 10 minutes.
- Once the caramel slightly sets on the apple, roll the apple through the crushed pretzels and place on the baking tray again to fully set. Place the caramel apples in the fridge for 30 minutes to help speed up this process. When the apples are fully set, they’re ready to serve! Enjoy!