Feel like grilling but tired of red meat? No need to fear, Crofter’s is here with a sweet yet spicy skewer recipe that is sure to satisfy! These Mango Jalapeno BBQ Shrimp Skewers are bursting with sweet mango flavor with a kick of spice. These skewers make a great appetizer for summer get-togethers or easily turn them into a quick dinner. Simply pair with a side of rice or a nice green salad—the perfect light meal for those hot summer nights, Enjoy!
Fresh Shrimp (Peeled and Deveined)
2 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
½ Cup Red Onion (Chopped)
¼ Cup Orange Juice
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Raw Honey
1-2 Jalapenos (Sliced and Seeds Removed)
Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
Fresh Cilantro (Garnish)
- Start by heating up the olive oil in the pan and adding in the chopped onion and garlic. Sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until soft. Next, thread the shrimp on to metal or wooden skewers (Make sure to soak the skewers if using wooden skewers).
- Once onions and garlic are ready, add in the Crofter’s Organic Premium Mango Fruit Spread along with orange juice, honey, and sliced jalapeno. Let simmer over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Let cool.
- Transfer the mango jalapeno sauce over to a food processor or blender and pulse until a smooth sauce is achieved. Give the sauce a taste and adjust the amount of spices, if necessary. If you want it a bit spicier – add in extra jalapeno (we only used one).
- Fire up the BBQ to high heat. Lightly spray each shrimp skewer with non-stick cooking spray to prevent them from sticking to the grill. Place the skewers on the grill and then brush the tops of the shrimp with the mango jalapeno sauce. Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side adding more of the mango jalapeno sauce to each side, when necessary. The shrimp should be slightly opaque, moist on the inside and most importantly cooked through.
- Once the shrimp is ready, remove from the BBQ and garnish with some chopped cilantro. Serve with some of the extra mango jalapeno sauce on the side. Enjoy!