Enjoy a vegan twist on this soft jam-filled sandwich cookie! Fruit Spread Linzer Cookies make a delicious dessert that pairs well with coffee or tea and are perfect for holiday cookie swaps. Savory and sweet, these traditional cookies are a crowd-pleaser. It’s a dairy free, gluten free cookie that’s filled with your favorite flavor of Crofter’s Organic Fruit Spread and finished with a generous dusting of powdered sugar. With this cookie recipe, it's easy to make different flavors which add lively color to your dessert table. You’ll love this tasty, effortless, and impressive treat for the holiday season!
12-14 Tsp Crofter’s Organic Fruit Spreads (Assorted)
1 ¼ cup Almond Flour
1 Cup Coconut Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
½ Tsp Salt
1/8 Cup Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp Almond Milk
½ Cup Maple Syrup
Powdered Sugar (Garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, lemon zest, salt, coconut oil, almond milk, and maple syrup into a medium sized mixing bowl. Bring together using a spatula until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough out on a piece of parchment paper to about ¼ inch thick. Try and get the dough as even as possible. Use a Linzer cookie cutter to cut out your top and bottom cookie shapes. Place them on the prepared baking tray.
- Place the separated cookies in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool.
- Once cooled, sprinkle the top halves of the cookies with powdered sugar and place 1 tsp of Crofter’s Organic Fruit Spread into the center of the bottom cookie. Next, place the top half of the cookie on top and gently press down onto the fruit spread. Repeat until all cookies are used. Any flavor of fruit spread would work great for this recipe, we chose Raspberry, Blackberry and Peach. Serve and enjoy!