These squares take breakfast to a whole-notha-level. Made with delicious layers of coconut sugar candied pecans and walnuts, Greek yogurt, wild blueberry fruit spread and rolled oats—these really are a tasty bite. Make them ahead of time for a perfect grab and go breakfast or snack. But really, there’s no bad time for these tasty squares!
½ Cup Chopped Walnuts
½ Cup Chopped Pecans
¼ Cup Coconut Sugar
1 (32 oz) Tub of Low-Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
½ Cup Fresh Blueberries
1 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Line a 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside. In a medium pan, combine walnuts, pecans and coconut sugar. Stir continuously over low heat until the nuts become candied (they should be sticky). Be careful not to burn them—reduce the heat, if needed.
- Take the baking pan and place a layer of candied nuts on the bottom of the pan. Press down firmly. Let this candied nut layer cool completely (about 20-30 minutes).
- Next, spread a layer of yogurt on top. Place this in the freezer until the candied nuts and yogurt are completely firm and frozen.
- Add a layer of Crofter’s Organic Premium Wild Blueberry Fruit Spread followed by some fresh blueberries. Top with another layer of yogurt and then the rolled oats. Place back in the freezer for 6-8 hours or overnight to let the squares completely freeze.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and cut into squares. Enjoy!