There is nothing better than the crisp fall air, the sound of crunchy leaves, and the beautiful scene of colors changing during the fall. This Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is the perfect recipe to ring in the fall season! Apple crisp is one of those classic recipes that many people have in their personal cookbooks. We wanted to put our Crofter’s twist on this classic by substituting the apples with juicy strawberries, bittersweet rhubarb paired with the sweetness of Crofter’s Premium Strawberry Spread! This recipe still includes the delicious cinnamon glaze and crisp oatmeal crumb topping, that will remind you of the classic and have you coming back for more. Cheers to fall and this easy, delicious
4 Cups Rhubarb (Sliced)
4 Cups Fresh Strawberries (Hulled & Sliced)
2/3 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice (Freshly Squeezed)
1 ½ Tbsp. Cornstarch
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 ½ Cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
½ Cup Almond Meal
1/3 Cup lightly packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 375° and heat 2-3 Tbsp butter over medium-high heat until the butter is beginning to brown.
- Next add in the fresh strawberries, rhubarb and cane sugar and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally just until the strawberries and rhubarb begin to soften up. Once soft – remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and cornstarch in a small bowl and then pour over the strawberries and rhubarb evenly and stir to combine. This will help thicken up the mixture if you notice it’s a bit runny.
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten free rolled oats, almond meal, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Melt the remaining butter and combine with the oat mixture. With your hands, crumble the oat topping over the strawberries and rhubarb.
- Bake the crisp for 25-30 minutes depending on the heat of your oven. A good way to tell if this crisp is ready is if the crumble topping is a nice golden color and the fruit underneath is bubbling all the way through. Let cool ~10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!