Morello Cherry & Apple Oat Cookies are sure to become a household favorite! Soft, chewy, bursting with hearty oats, fresh apples, the aromatic of cinnamon, and sweetness of Crofter’s Morello Cherry Fruit Spread—these cookies are far from your grandma’s traditional oatmeal cookies! Jam-packed with flavor from start to finish this cookie if perfect for the holiday season or your next cookie swap! Dunk in your morning cup of coffee, take on the go for a snack, or eat as a dessert—these cookies are delicious any time of day!
1 ¼ Cups Gluten Free Flour (Almond or Oat Flour)
1 ¼ Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
2 Tsp Cinnamon
½ Tsp Kosher Salt
½ Tsp Baking Soda
½ Cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temp)
¾ Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
1 Large Egg (Room Temp)
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Granny Smith Apple (Finely Chopped & Peeled)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray lightly with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium-large bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, gluten-free rolled oats, cinnamon, kosher salt and baking soda. Whisk together until combined. Set bowl aside.
- In a smaller bowl, cream together the unsalted butter and brown sugar using a spatula. This takes about 5 minutes of consistent stirring. Once the brown sugar and butter are creamed, add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix. Once ingredients are fully incorporated, set aside.
- Combine the creamed brown sugar mixture with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Next, add in your finely diced granny smith apples and give them a mix into the dough. Add in Crofter’s Organic Premium Morello Cherry Fruit Spread and lightly swirl into the dough.
- Scoop out 2 Tbsp of dough and form balls. Place dough balls about 1 inch apart from each other onto the prepared baking sheet. Once space, lightly press them down with a fork. Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes (until golden brown). Once done, let cool on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes to set and then transfer over to a wire rack to fully cool. Enjoy!