Easy Morello Cherry & Apple Cinnamon Oat Cookies are sure to become a household favorite! Not only are they delicious but also super easy to make and are ready to eat in under 30 mins. That’s a homemade cookie we can get behind! Soft, chewy, bursting with hearty oats, fresh apples, the aromatic of cinnamon, and sweetness of Crofter’s Morello Cherry Fruit Spread—these cookies are far from your grandma’s traditional oatmeal cookies! Jam-packed with flavor from start to finish this cookie if perfect for the holiday season or your next cookie swap! Dunk in your morning cup of coffee, take on the go for a snack, or eat as a dessert—these cookies are delicious any time of day!
1 ¼ Cups Gluten Free Flour (Almond or Oat Flour)
1 ¼ Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
2 Tsp Fresh Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Kosher Salt
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ Cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temp)
¾ Cup Brown Sugar Packed
1 Large Egg (Room Temp)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup Crofter’s Organic Premium Morello Cherry Fruit Spread
1 Cup Finely Chopped & Peeled Granny Smith Apple
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray lightly with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium-large bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, gluten-free rolled oats, fresh cinnamon, kosher salt and baking soda and whisk together until combined. Once combined, set bowl aside.
- In a smaller bowl, cream together the unsalted butter and brown sugar using a spatula. This takes about 5 minutes of consistent stirring. Once the brown sugar and butter are creamed, add in the egg and continue to mix. Once the egg is incorporated, add in the vanilla extract and again continue to mix. Once ingredients are fully incorporated, set aside.
- Combine the creamed brown sugar mixture with the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Next, add in your finely diced granny smith apples and give them a mix into the dough. Add in ¼ cup Crofter’s Premium Morello Cherry Fruit Spread and lightly swirl into the dough.
- Scoop dough out onto prepared baking sheets in about 2 Tbsp balls and lightly press them down with a fork. Place cookies about 1 inch apart from each other. Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes or until lightly golden colored. Once done, let cool on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes to set and then transfer over to a wire rack to fully cool.