Juicy mango, zesty lime, and shredded coconut with notes of nutty perfection—creates a favor combination worthy of celebration! Easily add this recipe to your weekly meal prep for the perfect on-the go breakfast or snack. These Easy Mango Lime Energy Bites are bursting with sweet tropical flavor. Give them a try!
¾ Cup Slivered Almonds
¾ Cup Chopped Walnuts
10-12 Pitted Dates (Soaked)
½ Cup Shredded Coconut
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Lime (Zested)
½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- Lets start by preheating our oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Arrange your almonds and walnuts on the baking tray evenly and bake for 5-7 minutes until the nuts become a nice golden brown. While your nuts are toasting, add your pitted dates to a small bowl of warm water and let them soak so that they are easier to work with. Toss in a few extra dates for later.
- Once your nuts are nicely toasted, remove from the oven and place them into a food processor and pulse until a fine flour is achieved. Remove nut flour from the processor. Set aside. Now remove the pitted dates from the water and pat them off with paper towel.
- To the food processor, add in 10 pitted dates and the Crofter’s Organic Premium Mango Fruit Spread and blend until the dates are broken down and the mixture is relatively smooth. Scrape down the sides and continue to blend if necessary.
- Next, grab a medium to large mixing bowl and add in the nut flour followed by the mango date mixture, shredded coconut, chia seeds, lime zest and salt. Mix this together with a spatula until a workable dough is made. If too dry, add in a couple extra soaked dates and mango fruit spread, if too moist, add in a bit more shredded coconut or nut flour.
- Scoop out about 1 tbsp sized balls of dough and roll them into ball shapes with your hands. In a small bowl, add in some coconut flakes and then roll the mango balls through the coconut flakes to coat them. Continue this process until all the balls are made and covered with coconut. Enjoy!