Sometimes a PB&J sandwich or two just won’t cut it and you need something a little more like what mom used to make. Introducing easy homemade Apricot Pulled Pork Sandwiches! Using a slow cooker makes this recipe a breeze to put together on a busy weeknight when dinner prep is just not an option. Home cooked, easy, and delicious—this is a win, win! Serve our Apricot Smoked Pulled Pork on a fresh toasted bun with a side of fresh coleslaw or grilled corn on the cob. It’s guaranteed to satisfy!
4 Pounds Boneless Pork Top Loin Roast (Trimmed of Fat)
½ Cup Dark Brown Sugar (Packed)
¼ Cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
¼ Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
2 Medium Onions (Chopped)
¼ Cup Cold Water
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 Tbsp Grated Fresh Ginger
1 Tsp Salt & Pepper
10-12 Sesame or Onion Buns (Toasted)
BBQ Sauce (To Taste)
- Combine onions, Crofter’s Organic Premium Apricot Fruit Spread, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Place the pork roast in a slow cooker, cover it in the apricot mixture and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest. Shred the pork.
- Let the cooking liquid rest for 5 minutes, then skim the fat off the top.
- In a small bowl blend cold water, cornstarch, ginger, and salt & pepper until smooth.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into cooking liquid and cook uncovered on high for 15-30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Serve on toasted buns topped with your favorite BBQ sauce. Enjoy!