Butternut Squash Seville Orange Ravioli carries both sweet & savory flavors with a fruity orange kick! We made this homemade recipe simple by using wonton wrappers—a best kept secret for quick & easy ravioli. This recipe is bursting with rich butternut squash, zesty Seville Orange flavor, and cheesy goodness. This tasty dish is sure to impress, give it a try!
½ Cup + 1 Tbsp Butter (Divided)
1 Small Shallot (Minced)
1 Cup Roasted Butternut Squash Purée
Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper (to taste)
3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
Pinch of Nutmeg
3 Tbsp Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
1 Package Wonton Wrappers
1 Egg (Beaten)
- In a large pan, melt 1 Tbsp of butter and sauté the minced shallot for 1 minute. Add in the butternut squash purée and cook until the mixture is slightly dry, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Next, stir in the heavy cream, Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Seville Orange Fruit Spread, and nutmeg. Cook for approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Fill a large pot with water and set on the stove. While you’re waiting for the water to start boiling, take a wonton wrapper and place 2 Tbsp of the butternut squash mixture into the center. Gently grab one corner of the square shaped wonton and bring it to the opposite side (wonton forms a triangle ravioli shape). Seal the edges with the beaten egg. Repeat until all raviolis are assembled.
- Next, gently drop the raviolis into the boiling water. Cook for 2-3 minutes (or until the raviolis start to float). Remove them from the water and drain well.
- Season the raviolis to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. In a sauté pan, add the remaining ½ Cup of butter and cook on low heat until the butter starts to brown.
- Once butter is browned, place the raviolis in the center of a platter and spoon the browned butter over them. Garnish with more grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Enjoy!