½ cup + 1Tbsp butter, divided
1 small shallot, minced
1 cup roasted butternut squash purée
Salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
3 Tbsp heavy cream
3 Tbsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Pinch of nutmeg
1 package wonton wrappers
1 egg, beaten
Ravioli that’s easy? You may have to roll us out the door.
- In a large sauté pan, melt 1 Tbsp of butter and add shallot. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the butternut squash purée and cook until the mixture is slightly dry, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Stir in heavy cream and Crofter’s Seville Orange Just Fruit Spread. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and nutmeg.
- Take the wonton wrappers and place 2 Tbsp of the butternut squash mixture into the centre of each.
- Grab one corner of the square shaped wonton gently and bring it to the opposite side so the wonton forms a triangle shape.
- Seal the edges by brushing one side of the wonton triangle edge with beaten egg and pressing gently with the other side to create a pouch.
- Gently drop the wontons into boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the wontons start to float.
- Remove them from the water and drain well.
- Season the wontons to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In a sauté pan, add the remaining 1/2 cup butter and cook on low heat until the butter starts to brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the Raviolis in the centre of a platter and spoon the browned butter over them. Garnish with more grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.