Talk about the perfect homemade dessert that is not only berry-delicious but also particularly refreshing in the summer time! It’s super EASY to make and looks absolutely stunning on any potluck table. Fresh fruit, creamy coconut whip, sweet pound cake, and bursting with Berry Harvest flavor! Now that’s something we can get behind, give it a try!
2 14oz Cans Coconut Milk/Cream
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Tbsp Fresh Grated Lemon Zest
1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
Pound Cake (We used store-bought)
- Start by slicing up any pieces of strawberry or blackberry that may be too big. Next, mix all the fresh strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries together in a bowl. Toss to mix. Drizzle berries with lemon juice, tossing to mix. Place in the refrigerator until ready to be used.
- Next, slice up the pound cake into bite sized chunks. You can make your own pound cake for this recipe or use a store-bought pound cakes like we did! Once cake is sliced into cubes, place in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Time to make the coconut whip cream! (Note: chill the coconut milk overnight in the refrigerator the night before. This is important because if the coconut milk isn’t chilled then it won’t whip properly as it will be too soft.) In a medium bowl, combine the chilled coconut milk with the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Whip using a hand or stand mixer until soft peaks form. Place in the refrigerator.
- We’re ready to start assembling our Trifle! Start with a layer of Crofter’s Organic Premium Berry Harvest Fruit Spread on the bottom first, then layer on some of the cubed pound cake. Next scoop in some of the coconut whip cream to cover the pound cake and then spread some more Crofter’s Organic Premium Berry Harvest Fruit Spread followed by the fresh berries. Repeat this process until your trifle bowl is full. Top with remaining fresh fruit.
- Once Trifle layering is complete, place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours allowing it to chill and firm up. When ready to serve, remove from the fridge. Enjoy!