Don’t throwaway those pumpkin seeds from your pumpkin! Let’s roast them for a dangerously delicious jam-packed snack. These Apricot Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are an easy, high-protein, nutritious snack your whole family will love! Crofter’s Apricot Premium Fruit Spread adds some flair with a unique fall-inspired flavor profile. The sweet, crunchy texture alone adds so much flavor to salads, soups, homemade granola, trail-mix, and are even just plain tasty on their own! These are sure to put a fall twist on any recipe, give it a try!
1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Sprinkle of Kosher Salt
- Let’s get that oven preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Now that the oven is heating and the roasting pan is prepped, let’s jam-pack these seeds with some flavor! In a small saucepan or sauce pot, combine the Crofter’s Organic Premium Apricot Fruit Spread and olive oil and heat over low heat until the spread thins out. Keep over low heat. Caution: be careful not to burn and make sure to stir frequently.
- Now for the fun part! Remove the seeds from the pumpkin. Carefully, cut around the stem of the pumpkin in a circular shape to remove the top of the pumpkin. Then, with your hands start scooping out all the stringy bits and pumpkin seeds from the inside of the pumpkin. If you find the seeds are difficult to get out, try using a fork to lightly scrape around the inside to loosen the seeds. Aim to collect about 1 Cup of pumpkin seeds from your pumpkin.
- Let’s get those pumpkin seeds clean! Place the collected seeds in a strainer and rinse under cool water to remove the orange stringy bits from the pumpkin. If there is still a lot of the stringy bits left after rinsing, just carefully remove them with your hands. Don’t worry! You don`t need to get every single piece, just do your best.
- Remember that baking sheet we prepared with the parchment paper? Grab it and place the seeds on it. Allow the seeds to dry for 15-20 minutes. Fun Fact: This is important before coating them in the apricot sauce as you want the seeds to become crispy when you bake them in the oven! Yum! Once seeds have dried, toss them in a small bowl with a pinch of kosher salt and the handcrafted apricot sauce. Make sure seeds are evenly coated in the sauce, we want every seed to taste delicious! Place back on the baking sheet to dry for another 15-20 minutes.
- Once dry, we start to roast! Place the tray of pumpkin seeds into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the seeds have turned a crispy golden color. Toss the seeds at about 10 minutes to make sure they get evenly baked. Remove from oven once fully baked and let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a container with a lid to store. We kept ours in an old Crofter’s jar for safe keeping. Enjoy!