Don’t throwaway those pumpkin seeds from your pumpkin! Let’s roast them for a dangerously delicious jam-packed snack. Crofter’s Apricot Premium Fruit Spread adds a unique fall-inspired flavor profile. The sweet, crunchy texture alone adds so much flavor to salads, soups, homemade granola, trail-mix, and are even just plain tasty on their own. Apricot Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are an easy, high-protein, nutritious snack the whole family will love!
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
Sprinkle of Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove seeds from the pumpkin. Carefully cut around the stem of the pumpkin in a circular shape to remove the top of the pumpkin. Then, use a large scoop to remove the inside stringy pumpkin pulp. Separate the seeds from the stringy pumpkin pulp. Aim to collect 1 Cup of pumpkin seeds.
- Place the collected seeds in a colander, wash and remove any pulp left on the seeds the best you can (it’s okay if some pulp remains). Dry the seeds off several times with a towel. This process will help to crisp up the seeds during roasting. Allow the seeds to dry for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small pot, combine the Crofter’s Organic Premium Apricot Fruit Spread and coconut oil over low heat until the spread thins out. Caution: be careful not to burn by stirring frequently.
- Once the seeds have dried, toss them in a small bowl with a pinch of kosher salt and the handcrafted apricot sauce. Make sure seeds are evenly coated. Place on the prepared baking sheet and let dry for another 15-20 minutes.
- Bake pumpkin seeds for 20-25 minutes (until the seeds are golden brown). Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Once cooled, transfer to a container until ready to eat. We kept ours in an old Crofter’s jar for safe keeping. Enjoy!