Our fruit spreads sure do spice up any traditional appetizer, like this simple recipe for Apricot Jalapeno Salsa made using our Apricot Premium Spread. This salsa is an incredibly easy recipe to make. It’s so easy, in fact you can even make it in a food processor by adding all the ingredients in and giving it a blend! Be careful not to over blend as you want some chunks to remain. The sweet flavors from the apricots and our Apricot Premium Spread balances perfectly with the spicy notes from the jalapeno and red onion. This salsa is sure to become one of your go-to family recipes that will have your guests asking, “How did you make this?!” …don’t worry we won’t tell your hosting hacks! And don’t think you’re limited to only tortilla chips or your favorite crackers – braise a chicken with it, pair it with seafood like shrimp or crab, or add it to your fish tacos on Taco Tuesday Night! Can you say mucho delicioso??
2-3 Tbsp. Crofter’s Premium Apricot Fruit Spread
2 Jalapeno Chiles (Finely Diced)
2 Green Onions (Finely Chopped)
2 Tbsp. Red Onion (Finely Diced)
6 Cups Fresh Apricots (Diced and Pitted)
1 Tbsp. Minced Fresh Ginger
½ tbs. Sugar
½ tsp. Course Salt
- Place your pitted and diced apricots in a bowl along with the diced red onion and finely chopped green onion.
- Halve your jalapenos and remove the ribs and seeds from the inside.
- Finely chop your jalapenos into small chunks and add into the bowl with the apricots and onions.
- Stir in the ginger, salt, sugar and apricot fruit spread until all is well combined.
- Place salsa in a smaller bowl and serve with tortillas. We used sea salt rice crackers. Enjoy!