These Strawberry Vegan Oat Squares take less than an hour to prepare and are the perfect on-the-go snack. Sweet, chewy, salty and of course full of strawberry flavor—we just know you’re going to love this Crofter’s recipe! Familiar with those rock-hard granola bars? Yeah, the ones you find in the back of your cupboard? I’m pretty sure we’ve all had a few of those in our time. Well, look no further, our Strawberry Vegan Oat Square recipe will gladly take the place of any future granola bars that may grace your cupboards. We promise you’ll enjoy these much, much more. Our Strawberry Vegan Oat Square recipe is a healthy breakfast/snack/dessert option that will certainly make friends with any sweet tooth. Give this recipe a shot and you’ll be surprised at just how delicious and easy they are to make.
1 Cup Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
¾ Cup Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour
⅓ Cup Light Brown Sugar
¼ tsp. Ground Ginger
¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
6 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (Melted)
1 Tbsp. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 Cup Strawberries (Diced, Separated)
1 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar (Separated)
1 tsp. Cornstarch
Glaze Ingredients (Optional):
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp. Milk or Milk Alternative
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare an 8x8 baking pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, ginger, and salt. Mix well until all components are evenly mixed.
- Add coconut oil to the mixture. Stir until coconut oil evenly coats everything in the bowl and the mixture becomes clumpy.
- Set aside ½ cup of this crumble mixture for later.
- Press remaining crumble mixture into the bottom of the 8x8 baking pan to form the crust.
- In a small pan on low heat, combine Crofter’s Strawberry Spread and lemon juice. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of the diced strawberries onto the crumble crust, then drizzle on half of the Crofter’s and lemon mixture. Next, lightly sprinkle cornstarch over the strawberries (this will act as a thickener) and ½ Tbsp of the sugar.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of diced strawberries and the remaining ½ Tbsp sugar and top with the ½ cup of crumble mixture saved earlier.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crumble has turned a nice gold color and the strawberries are starting to lightly bubble.
- While the squares are cooking, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until combined.
- Once squares are cooked, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Drizzle the glaze on top.
- Serve and enjoy!