Looking for the perfect dessert that will warm you up on an cold autumn evening, look no further! These delicious Baked Apples with Raspberry Filling are sure to do the trick! Tender baked apples paired with Crofter’s Raspberry Just Fruit Spread sprinkled with a mixture of buttery-cinnamon spiced-brown sugar oat crumble topping baked to golden-brown perfection is a dessert you don’t want to miss out on. Is your mouth watering yet?! Ours sure is, yum!
For the Baked Apples:
4 Honey Crisp Apples (Medium Size, Firm)
1 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
¼ Tsp Cinnamon
For the Crumble Topping:
½ Cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
¾ Cup All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
¾ Cup Old Fashioned Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
¼ Tsp Cinnamon
Dash of Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly spray a large rimmed baking tray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Cut the apples in half from the stem down. Scoop out the core/seeds of the apple with a small spoon, removing the stem. Sprinkle the apples with brown sugar and cinnamon and then place 1 Tbsp Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Raspberry Fruit Spread inside the cavity where the seeds and core were scooped out.
- Prepare the crumble topping by combining the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and kosher salt. Stir to combine. Next, add in the melted butter. Give one last stir to combine.
- Cover each of the apples with the crumble topping pressing down lightly into the apple. Once all the apples have been topped with the crumble, place them in the prepared baking pan and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake the apples at 375°F covered with tinfoil for 20 minutes. Then remove the tinfoil covering, bake for an additional 30-40 minutes until the crumble is a beautiful golden color and the apples have gone soft. Serve hot out of the oven. For a real treat, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!