Everyone loves homemade cookies! This recipe is perfect for all your holiday baking needs and will be a hit at the next cookie swap or festive celebration. Crofter’s Sugar Cookies have a nostalgic flavor profile with a delicious fruity twist that will take you back to your childhood. This cookies center is soft, edges chewy, and bursting with real fruit flavor making a crowd-pleasing dessert for all ages. Easy to make, dairy-free, gluten-free, and endless flavor combinations—you can’t go wrong with this tasty treat!
For the Cookies:
1 & 1/3 Cup Gluten-Free Flour
¾ Tsp Cornstarch
¼ Tsp Baking Powder
¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup Maple Syrup
For the Glaze:
2 Tsp Crofter’s Organic Fruit Spread (any flavor)
10 Tsp Powdered Sugar
2 Tsp Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a whisk until evenly mixed throughout. In another medium sized bowl, whisk together the olive oil, egg, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Start mixing the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, a little at a time, until all of it has been mixed together. Mixture should be slightly crumbly. Transfer the dough to a large piece of plastic wrap and form into a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- While the dough is chilling, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, almond milk, and the Crofter’s Organic Fruit Spread flavor of your choice. We created 3 different flavored glazes using Crofter’s Organic Premium Seedless Raspberry, Seedless Blackberry and Peach Fruit Spread. Whisk until the glaze is smooth and contains no lumps. Set aside until ready to use.
- Now that the dough has chilled, remove from the refrigerator, and roll out to about ¼ inch thick. Cut out your cookies using a cookie cutter and place on the prepared baking tray. Repeat process until all the dough has been used.
- Place in the prepared oven for about 8 minutes (until golden-brown). Remove from oven once ready and allow to completely cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cookies are cooled, dip them into the prepared flavor glaze and place back on the wire rack to set. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!