Who doesn’t love a chewy granola bar? They’re seriously the perfect snack when you’re on the go and hunger strikes. But let’s be real… the sugar content in these store-bought granola bars is outrageous! This Chewy Berry Harvest Oat Bar is here to save the day (and your sugar intake for the day). The recipe is so simple to make and can easily be added to your meal prep Sunday so you can eat these throughout the week. You’ll be happy you did, these are sure to cure your growling tummy when you’re in a pinch.
2 Cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
¼ Cup Smooth Peanut Butter or Nut Butter
2 Tbsp Agave Sweetener
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Tsp Flaked Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 9” x 9” baking pan with tin foil/parchment paper along with a regular baking tray with tin foil/parchment paper. Lightly spray both with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Spread the rolled oats out evenly on the baking tray and let cook for about 10 minutes in the oven (keep an eye on them. Take out when golden brown). Once done, remove from the oven and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Next in a medium sauce pot over low-medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Then combine the Crofter’s Organic Premium Berry Harvest Fruit Spread with the peanut butter, agave sweetener, and salt. Simmer for about 5 minutes stirring constantly until all the ingredients become smooth.
- Transfer the mixture over to the large mixing bowl with the toasted rolled oats, gently combine with a spatula to coat evenly. Add in the vanilla extract and give the mixture one final stir. Once evenly coated, place the oat mixture into the prepared 9” x 9” baking pan in an even layer. Make sure to press down the oats as you want the bars to hold their shape and not become too crumbly. Use the back of your spatula to really press the oat mixture down into the pan and into the corners.
- Bake for 15 Minutes at 350°F (until the bars have become golden brown). Remove from the oven and let cool completely before trying to remove the bars from the baking pan. Once cooled, slice into 10 bars and place in a container with a lid. Enjoy!