Who doesn’t love a chewy granola bar? They’re seriously the perfect snack when you’re on the go and hunger strikes. But let’s be real… the sugar content in these store-bought granola bars is outrageous! This Chewy Berry Harvest Oat Bar is here to save the day (and your sugar intake for the day). The recipe is so simple to make and can easily be added to your meal prep Sunday so you can eat these throughout the week. You’ll be happy you did, these are sure to cure your growling tummy when you’re in a pinch.
2 Cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
¼ Cup Smooth Peanut Butter or Nut Butter
2 Tbsp Agave Sweetener (or honey, non-vegan option)
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Tsp Flaked Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare two baking pans, one 9” x 9” pan and one large pan for toasting the oats. Line them with tin foil or parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the rolled oats evenly on the large baking pan and let cook in the 350°F oven for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them and take out when golden brown and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Next in a medium pot over low-medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Then add the Crofter’s Organic Premium Berry Harvest Fruit Spread, peanut butter, agave sweetener (or honey), vanilla and salt. Simmer for about 5 minutes stirring constantly until all the ingredients become smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to the large mixing bowl with the toasted rolled oats and combine with a spatula to coat evenly. Then place the oat mixture into the prepared 9” x 9” baking pan in an even layer. Press the oats down firmly and into the corners of the pan using the back of the spatula so the bars hold their shape and don’t become too crumbly.
- Bake for 15 Minutes at 350°F (until the bars have become golden brown). Remove from the oven and let cool completely before trying to remove the bars from the baking pan. Once cooled, slice into 10 bars and place in a container with a lid. Enjoy!