Blast off on a deliciously flavorful journey with this fancy Blueberry Cinnamon Galette! This French inspired pastry is a luxurious dessert guaranteed to make you appreciate the finer things in life. Crust baked to golden brown perfection filled with fresh blueberries, a dash of cinnamon, citrusy lemon zest and jam-packed with juicy blueberry filling—all thanks to our Blueberry Blast spread! Impress yourself with this simple yet satisfying dessert!
For the Crust:
1 ½ Cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
½ Cup White Sugar
¼ Tsp Salt
1 Stick Cold Butter (Cubed)
2 Large Eggs (Divided)
OR Frozen Pie Pastry (*if you don’t want to make your own crust)
Cane Sugar (For the Crust)
For the Filling:
¾ Cup Crofter’s Organic Premium Blueberry Blast Fruit Spread (Divided)
4 Cups Fresh Blueberries
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Lemon (Zested)
- First, preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare the crust by adding the flour, sugar, salt, and butter into a food processor. Pulse until the butter is spread throughout the mixture. Add in 1 egg and continue to mix. Once the mixture starts to come together, remove from the processor. Gently kneed on the counter to further bring it together.
- Next, on a lightly floured surface roll out the dough into a 12 inch circle and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set in the refrigerator while you prepare the blueberry filling.
- In a medium bowl, add in the fresh blueberries, ¼ Cup of the Crofter’s Organic Premium Blueberry Blast Fruit Spread, corn starch, cinnamon, and lemon zest. Mix gently with a spatula to coat all the blueberries. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Next, remove the dough from the fridge and spread the remaining ½ cup of the Crofter’s Organic Premium Blueberry Blast Fruit Spread on the bottom of the crust. Leaving a 1 inch space from the edge, adding the blueberry filling on top. Fold the edge of the crust over the filling leaving the center slightly exposed. Beat the remaining 1 egg, lightly brush the crust with the egg wash and sprinkle with cane sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes (until the crust is golden brown). Once cooked, remove from oven, allow to completely cool before cutting. Serve and enjoy!