A delicious and easy dessert with great heart healthy ingredients! No matter the season, these Blackberry Roasted Apples with Crumble are sure to be a hit. This recipe features freshly baked apples filled with sweet Seedless Blackberry Fruit Spread with a hint of fall spices and a crisp buttery oat crumble topping. Serve these baked apples warm fresh out of the oven as is, with a scoop of ice cream for dessert or with a dash of cream for breakfast. You can’t go wrong with these tasty baked apples!
½ Cup Gluten-Free Old Fashion Rolled Oats
3 Tbsp Butter (Melted)
¼ Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ Tsp Ground Nutmeg
¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp Chopped Walnuts
4 Honey Crisp Apples
1 Cup Water
Fresh Blackberries (Garnish)
Chopped Walnuts (Garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and chopped walnuts until evenly mixed. Set oat crumble mixture aside.
- Next, remove the tops of the apples and carefully scoop out the cores. Scoop out enough space in the middle to be able to fill with fruit spread and crumble.
- Once the apples have been cored, place them in the prepared baking dish and scoop in 2 Tbsp Crofter’s Organic Premium Seedless Blackberry Fruit Spread into the center of each apple and then top with the oat crumble mixture.
- Next, fill the baking dish with about 1 cup of water, just enough to cover the bottoms of the apples. Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Once the apples are finished, remove from the oven, and allow to cool before removing from the pan. Serve with a side of fresh blackberries, chopped walnuts, and a dash of cream or ice cream. Enjoy!