Better than the bakery! You’re going to love these Blackberry Gluten-Free Baked Donuts that are fluffy, fruity, and full of flavor. This recipe uses our Seedless Blackberry Fruit Spread, swirled into the donut batter and in the delicious glaze, so you’re hit with tasty blackberry flavor from start-to-finish. These donuts are baked, not fried, with a cake-like texture. Perfect for a special breakfast, brunch, or delectable dessert!
For the Donut:
1 ¾ Cup Almond Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
3 Large Eggs
2/3 Cup Maple Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup Coconut Oil (Melted)
For the Glaze:
¾ Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spraying a donut tray with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and baking powder. Whisk together until evenly mixed. Next add in the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Whisk again until evenly mixed.
- Next, scoop in 2 Tbsp Crofter’s Organic Premium Seedless Blackberry Fruit Spread and lightly fold it into the batter. You want there to be strands of the fruit spread and not completely worked into the batter. Once done, set aside.
- Grab your prepared donut tray and either pipe or scoop the batter into the wells of the tray. Try to fill it about halfway or 2/3 of the way full. Repeat this until all of the batter has been used. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges of the donut turn golden brown.
- While the donuts are baking, we can prepare the blackberry glaze. In a small bowl, combine the Crofter’s Organic Premium Seedless Blackberry Fruit Spread, powdered sugar, and almond milk. Mix until smooth. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once donuts are ready, allow them to completely cool before removing from the tray. Once cooled, place them on a wire rack with some parchment paper underneath the wire rack (this will make for easy clean-up). Dip one side of each donut into the glaze and then place back on to the wire rack so the excesses glaze can drip off. Repeat until all of the donuts have been glazed.
- Allow the glaze to set, you can speed this up by placing the donuts into the fridge for roughly 1 hour. Once glaze has set, these donuts are ready to serve. Enjoy!