Dark chocolate with juicy sweet blackberry is a brownie combination you didn’t know you needed in your life! These Blackberry Brownies are soft, fudgy ooey-gooey squares of goodness bursting with blackberry flavor! This decadent treat is great served alone or warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. YUM!
1 ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Cup Dark Chocolate (Chopped)
½ Cup Butter
½ Cup Raw Cane Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
½ Cup Fresh Blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9”x 9” baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil. Lightly spray the baking tray with non-stick cooking spray or grease it with a little bit of olive oil to prevent the brownies from sticking.
- Break the chocolate into small chunks enough for 1 cup and then place the chocolate into a glass bowl. It is important to find a glass bowl that will fit on top of a small-medium sized sauce pot. Fill the sauce pot halfway with water and then place the bowl of chocolate on top. Add in the butter. Bring the water to a boil over high heat and stir the chocolate continuously until smooth. Once melted, set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Next, add in the cane sugar along with the Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Blackberry Fruit Spread. Stir with a spoon or whisk until mixture is smooth. Now we can start adding in the eggs. Add 1 egg at a time. Make sure this is well mixed before starting the next step.
- Next, add in the flour and cocoa powder. Mix well with a spoon or whisk until smooth. Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared baking pan and then scatter fresh blackberries overtop. Feel free to use as many blackberries as you like and press them into the batter. We used about 1 cup fresh blackberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies are just cooked. The secret to a good chewy brownie is to not overcook them! Once ready, let the brownies cool in the baking pan until they have cooled slightly. Slice into 9 squares, serve and enjoy!