Our trusted Black Current Just Fruit Spread makes one sticky, delicious sauce—perfect for drumsticks! Balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic, and our black current spread jam-packs these drumsticks with crazy flavor. Enjoy these Black Currant Chicken Drumsticks as an appetizer at your next potluck, for a tasty lunch, or craveable dinner the whole family will love. There is no bad time to enjoy this saucy, flavorful dish!
1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
¼ Cup Soy Sauce
1 ½ Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
8 Chicken Drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a baking tray with tin foil. Lightly coat with olive oil and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Black Currant Fruit Spread, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Whisk together and bring to a slight boil.
- Next, grab your prepared baking tray and place the chicken drumsticks in a single layer. Season the chicken with salt and pepper then pour the black currant sauce over the chicken, making sure the drumsticks get coated. Cover with tin foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once done, take out of the oven and remove the tin foil. Flip the drumsticks and brush them lightly with the black currant sauce in the tray. Place back in the oven without the tin foil. Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes at 350°F coating the chicken every 5 minutes or so.
- Remove the chicken once it is completely cooked through and tender. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!