A sweet taste of fall! Juicy apples filled with layers of salty nut butter, sweet Black Currant Just Fruit Spread, buttery cinnamon crumble and drizzled with a powdered sugar glaze! Using our spread jam-packs these apples with vibrant flavor without adding in additional sugar to the fruit filling since our Just Fruit line of spreads have no added refined sugar. These juicy Black Currant Baked Crumble Apples highlight the flavors of fall. Celebrate any time of the year with this delicious, family approved recipe!
¾ Cups All-Purpose Flour
½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ Tsp Ground Nutmeg
¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
4 Tbsp Butter
6 Tbsp Nut Butter
¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
1-2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Next, give the apples a good wash. Make sure to remove any apple stickers, if necessary. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk together until there are no lumps. Next, add in the butter 1 Tbsp at a time. Mix together using your hands until a crumble consistency is achieved. Set aside.
- Next, grab your apples and carefully cut the tops off. Now using a spoon, start coring the apples until you have a hole about 1-2 inches deep and across. Make sure all seeds and core are removed.
- Fill the apples first with a 1 Tbsp of nut butter then ½ Tbsp of crumble. Next, add 1 Tbsp of Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Black Currant Fruit Spread followed by another ½ Tbsp crumble.
- Place the prepared apples in a low baking pan and place in the preheated oven. Allow to bake for 30-40 minutes (until the apples are soft and the crumble is golden brown).
- Once finished, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before you move them from the tray. While the apples are cooling, mix together the powdered sugar and almond milk to make the glaze. Mix until smooth with a fork. Drizzle apples with glaze, serve and enjoy!