Pumpkin and apricot are a winning combination in this delicious cake recipe! Apricot Pumpkin Bundt Cake is warm, sweet, and has the perfect balance of fall flavors that welcome you into the season. You’ll love the pairing of fresh pumpkin with our sweet Apricot Fruit Spread and traditional fall spices. Not only is this a tasty recipe, but it makes a beautiful centerpiece on your holiday table—great for Thanksgiving or Halloween. This easy and scrumptious bundt cake recipe is sure to become a family tradition for the fall season, it’s a must try!
2 ½ Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
½ Tbsp Pumpkin Spice
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
½ Cup Coconut Sugar
½ Cup Apple Puree/Sauce
¼ Cup Maple Syrup
1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
2 Large Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Coconut Oil
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
2-3 Tbsp Milk
Orange Food Coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray the bundt pan with non-stick spray. *Note: If you have 2 of the same bundt pans, double the recipe ingredients and bake at the same time. If you have 1 bundt pan, make recipe twice and bake individually. *
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients and whisk together until evenly combined. Set aside. In another medium sized mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and whisk together until smooth. The mixture will be a little thick. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and loosely bring together with a wooden spatula, careful not to over mix. Transfer the mixture to the prepared bundt pan and place in the oven to bake for 40-50 minutes. (Repeat steps 1-3 to make your second bundt cake.)
- Once both of the bundt cakes are finished baking, allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing from the bundt pan. The fine detailed edges of the pan can cause the cake to stick when warm so be gentle and remove slowly!
- When both cakes are out of the pans and cooled, cut off any excess cake on the bottom to create a flat even surface and then flip one cake upside down and stack them on top of each other. Use some toothpicks to hold the cakes in place if you find they aren’t sitting straight.
- Next, make the glaze for the cake. Mix together the Crofter’s Organic Premium Apricot Fruit Spread, powdered sugar, milk, and orange food coloring until smooth. Drizzle the cake with the glaze and allow it to set. Serve and enjoy!