Fall in love with sweet heat! Apricot Glazed BBQ Potatoes are the perfect appetizer. The sweetness of Apricot Just Fruit Spread with a splash of soy sauce, rice vinegar and a dash of heat, red chili flakes—makes the ideal glaze for these tasty potatoes. They make a great side dish for your next summer cookout or an easy barbecue dinner. Pairs great with BBQ chicken, tofu, tempeh, or steak!
1 Bag of Baby Potatoes
1 Head of Broccoli
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1-2 Tsp Red Chili Flakes
1/3 Cup Rice Vinegar
- Begin by preparing the potatoes and broccoli. Slice the potatoes in half and then cut the broccoli into small florets. Place them in a medium bowl and then add in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Next, in a small sauce pot, combine the Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Apricot Fruit Spread, soy sauce, red chili flakes, and rice vinegar. Stir until well combined. Set apricot sauce aside.
- Roll out a large sheet of tin foil, place the potatoes and broccoli in the center. Add about 5 Tbsp of the apricot sauce to the potatoes and broccoli. Set the excess apricot sauce aside (note: extra sauce can be used as a dip). Next, fold the potatoes up inside the tin foil making sure to seal the edges and poke a few holes in the top.
- Place on the top rack of your barbecue and heat to ~400°F. Let potatoes cook for roughly 40 minutes or until a fork can be easily poked into a potato.
- Once done, remove from the barbecue and allow to cool before opening the tin foil (note: it will be HOT!). Remove the potatoes from the tin foil and serve in a bowl. Enjoy!