What’s for dinner? How about chicken fried to golden brown perfection paired with delicious baked broccoli florets drenched in a brown sugar, garlic, soy sauce mixture united with sweet Apricot Fruit Spread! Making one heck of a flavorful dish. This Apricot Chicken & Broccoli recipe is (literally) jam-packed with flavor and is sure to satisfy! Dinner just got a lot tastier!
2 Heads of Broccoli (Cut Into Florets)
1lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
½ Tsp Garlic Powder
3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- First start by preheating the oven to 425°F and lining a baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil. Prepare your broccoli by cutting it into bit-sized florets and laying them out in a single layer on the baking tray. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and then crack some fresh pepper on top along with some kosher salt. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the florets begin to brown. Remove from oven once done.
- While the broccoli is baking, we can prepare the chicken. Cut up the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and then toss with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Next sprinkle the flour on top of the chicken and again mix to coat.
- Heat a large skillet with about 2-3 Tbsp sesame oil and allow the oil to heat up in the pan over medium/high heat. Add the chicken into the pan and allow to cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken turns a nice browned color. Remove from heat.
- While the chicken is cooking, we can prepare the apricot sauce for the dish. In a small sauce pot, combine the Crofter’s Organic Premium Apricot Fruit Spread, minced garlic cloves, soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix together well with a whisk. Once the chicken is ready as well as the broccoli, combine all 3 into the pan and simmer over low heat stirring continuously to coat (about 5 minutes).
- Once ready, remove from heat and pair with a side of your favorite rice. Garnish with fresh chopped chives. Enjoy!