Forget about those pumpkin spice lattes that come around once a year, we’ve found a better home for pumpkin spice in our Wild Blueberry Pumpkin Spice Muffin recipe. These muffins are bursting with fresh blueberry and pumpkin spice flavor. If you haven’t tried anything blueberry/pumpkin spice before – do it, now. You won’t regret it. These muffins would be a great place to start as they’re very easy to make and are out-of-this-world delicious. Pumpkin spice undoubtedly is one of the truest Fall flavors you can add to a dish. It is an earthy, hearty mixture of powdered cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and all spice. The smell alone is enough to get you excited thinking about the cool crisp Fall weather and jumping in a huge pile of crunchy leaves. You know what else fall means? A 4-month nap is just around the corner for bear!
1 cup Crofter’s Organic Wild Blueberry Premium Fruit Spread
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
1 1/2 cups pure pumpkin
3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, pumpkin and coconut oil. Stir the flour mixture in to the wet ingredientsuntil just combined, being careful not to over mix. Gently fold in the Wild Blueberry fruit spread, again careful not to over mix. Try to leave a blueberry swirl in the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin pan filling ¾ of the way full for each cup.
- Take for 5 minutes at 425°F, then without opening the oven door, lower the oven temperature to 375°F and continue to bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!